Can I get in without a highschool diploma

Hello I am 15 looking in to becoming a pilot my mom took me out of school to become home schooled. I am trying to figure out how to get in and what I need to get in.

My friend was home schooled and just finished atp so yes it’s possible. I’m not sure the details though.

Okay thank you for helping me figuring this out

Juan,

ATP requires either a 2yr degree (or equivalent work experience) or your Private Pilots license.

Adam

So if I Am 18 no high school diploma or college degree I can’t sign up to become a pilot I don’t want to be a Airline pilot but I do wanna fly planes for a living
(No Air Force either)

Kamari,

Whether you want to be a pilot or almost anything else, without a HS diploma your career options will be severely limited. That said should you complete your flight training there may be some low paying jobs out there you could find but you’d have to research.

Adam

Kamari,

Getting that high school diploma is the first priority. That’s a prerequisite for most jobs these days. If you’re thinking of ATP, you’ll also need that as well as 2 years of work experience to be admitted in the program. You will also need to apply for a loan which is a second hurdle for many your age with little to no credit history you will need a co-signer.

With all that being said, there are many flying jobs that don’t lead to the airlines. Regardless, the training is the same.

Hannah

Kamari,

You will need to obtain a high school diploma or a GED. I would recommend that you take some grammar and writing classes while you are at it. How you represent yourself in written form is just as important as how you do so in person.

Chris

If you’re being home schooled, and your teacher/mother is adhering to your state’s requirements, you should still be able to get a GED or equivalent evidence of high school education. Your state would likely have the requirements published on their website. You could also call the state department of education for more info. Focus on that before anything else. Then, as they say, “sky is the limit”…

Kamari,

As the others have said, a diploma or GED will be required. If you want to attend ATP it is a prerequisite for enrollment:

Brady