Confused on where to start

Andrew,

Starting the ATP program is easier than you think, maybe you’re overthinking the process because of the decision you’re trying to make? Below is a direct link to the step and process of enrolling at ATP:

Now in regard to your “best approach” to starting your training in the meantime, I would say what you have with King Schools is a good start. The focus right now should be finishing your college degree strong and obtaining a good GPA, that will help you later in the career. If you can intermix the college and aviation studying, go for it - none of us know how you study, what your habits are, any extracurriculars etc.

One thing we recommend to new starts is if time permits to complete as many as the Airman Knowledge Tests (aka the “writtens”) prior to program start date; however, completing these prior to start is not required, but will only be beneficial in the end. Because you’re looking to attend within a year, you should be fine with your expiration date of the results, which is 2 years after taking.

One question I have for you, do you have any flight experience (and no not sitting in the back of an airliner on vacation)? When you enroll into a flight school, you will complete an introductory flight, but if you haven’t already - I would take one in the meantime to make sure this is something you could see yourself doing. If you’re looking to attend ATP, I would make get the admissions flight out of the way especially if you’re looking to attend summer of 2023. Other than the admission flight, the only other two things you’ll need prior to enrollment is a First Class Medical and securing financials.

Brady