Foreign Airline to US Major Airline (Hawaiian Airlines)

Hi,

Is it possible to get hired by Hawaiian Airlines from a Foreign Airline? I’m an A330 FO in Asia and expect to get upgraded to A320 Capt in 2 years.

Is there a chance for me to get hired by Hawaiian Airlines from Asia without passing through a regional and building 121 time? Assuming I meet the minimum & preferred requirements:

Minimum: FAA ATP, First Class medical, 2000 hours total time, and high school diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred: 1,000 hours PIC, college degree, and international flying experience

I saw a reply from Adam in another post:

Did these pilots have prior 121 time?

Thank you!

Isa,

Short answer is yes. As I said I know a number of pilots from foreign carriers. Some had previous US 121 experience while others have not. As long as you’ve got the requirements met, a competitive resume and of course are a citizen or have permanent resident status, you’ve got a shot.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much! Also, that was such a quick response.

That’s great to know! I plan to apply with Hawaiian Airlines whenever there is an opening, as I meet the minimum requirements. At the same time I will work on building the preferred requirements (I’m missing the 1000 PIC and I understand there are applicants with way more than that).

I was just worried that I would be wasting my time not building 121 time and I’d be better off transferring to a regional and upgrading there even if it meant a pay cut, uncertain upgrade time, and lower QOL from my current job.

Thanks again!