Getting " ATP license "

Hello ! I’ve been reading the requirements for some regional airlines, and of course all of them require ATP certificate, once I have the whole licenses that atp flight school provide, do I have to do something else to get the ATP ? Or just the 1500 hr after getting comercial???

You will need to get to 1,500 hours and pass the ATP written exam. As part of your new hire training at the regional you will take your ATP checkride in the simulators there.

How long does it take to get the ATP License?

Imran,

If you train full-time and average 80-100 hours a month after training it can be done in about 2 years. Training program length, hourly average and hiring climate will extend that timeline.

Tory

Imran,
Well you need at least a commercial pilot’s license and 1500 hours total time. If you went with atp flight school, you’ll get your ratings in about 9 months starting at zero time and then build your hours for about a year and a half. So it normally takes about 2-2 and a half years to have the minimums for your atp.

-Hannah

Imran,

To earn your ATP you need the required 1500hrs. However long it takes for you to build that time is basically how long it takes to get your ATP. You also need to complete the ATP-CTP training.

Adam

Sorry I meant like how long it takes to complete ATP-CTP training specifically.

Oh! 7-10 days +/- depending on who’s providing the program.

Tory