Looking to take flight

Ah, I remember those days of wondering how many questions were next. The FOI if I recall has around 400, you can pretty much nail it out in two days, especially if you had bad weather in the area and can’t fly.

Sheppard Air is the way to go.

Brady

2 Likes

Thank you! That gives me a good idea on how many days it may take to cram into each study guide and my timeline of 8/14 start date (with my move date of 8/1)

Just passed CAX with 92% and now starting the FIA study guide.

1 Like

Xuan,

Good work, keep it up.

Chris

1 Like

Another 92% for my FIA exam. Now on to IRA and will likely purchase FII guide as well just to be on the safe side (like Thomas had mentioned).

1 Like

Xuan,

Nice work on the FIA!

No need to spend the extra money to purchase the FII test prep, use the IRA for both tests, take them the same day. You don’t need to spend the extra money, as well long as you follow the study strategy you will be fine.

Brady

1 Like

Xuan,

Great job! Sounds like you’re doing exactly
What the study strategy says and it’s working out. Don’t worry about the extra database, the questions are nearly identical to the IRA. Just keep the IRA database fresh with a few practice tests and you should be fine!

Hannah

1 Like

Xuan,

Excellent work, keep it up!

Chris

Nice job on the FIA Xuan! I took some time in between the CAX and FIA test due to vacation and family time. I take the test on Tuesday and feeling pretty good about it!

TJ

1 Like

IRA needs endorsement but FII, IGI/AGI, FOI are self endorsed, correct?

I figured I should do IGI right after IRA & FII since it’s similar (and I think a small test bank), and then FOI last.

FIA was a pretty refreshing study after PAR and CAX, IMO. Smaller test bank and a lot of questions similar to the previous two.

Xuan,

Instructor exams do not need endorsement.

Brady

Took the FIA today. Scored a 98. On to the FOI to close out all of the exams before my start date!

2 Likes

Excellent score, great job!

Great job! It’s going to feel real good to start the course with all of the writtens already completed.

TJ,

I am a believer that a solid score and good study habits when it comes to writtens, you will do well in the program if you trust the process.

Brady

Do you plan on taking the AGI or IGI for the gold seal? I heard AGI is similar to FIA and IGI is similar to FII (not too spendy at about $10 for either study guides). Looks to be a quick study at about a day or two to get prepared.

Hey Xuan,

Not at this time. If I find time while in the program I could potentially pursue it.

TJ

Received a 95% on my IRA. Taking my FII tomorrow since no openings for same day (using the same IRA study guide).

I plan to take IGI on Sunday, AGI on Tuesday (the more certs, the better, right?), and lastly, FOI on Thursday.

Do the scores on IGI and AGI have any impact like the others or is it just to show that I have the cert and gold seal?

Xuan,

The AGI and IGI are extras. No one will see them as there’s no practical required.

What’s cool is you can go to your local FSDO with the pass sheet and get your Ground Instructor certificate. Easiest ticket there is!

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

Very cool. I will make sure you go in afterwards next week.