May 2023 Schedule

Hey Brady, just becoming interested in becoming an airline pilot. I was curious do you spend your off days in whatever city you end up in before or are you able to return home some other way? thank you.

Josh,

Since I am junior to my base and slowly moving up the seniority ranks, I will mostly have reserve schedules right now. I was just awarded a July line so things may changed a bit.

For May and this month (June), I’ve been on reserve, which means I have a 2 hour window where I MUST be ready to go at the airport from the time the phone call is made from Crew Scheduling. While I sit reserve at home, I sometimes will go see family or hangout with friends. When the weather is bad, I’ll do small renovations/improvements to my home. If I go anywhere, I typically take my uniform on clothes hangars ready to change, and always have my roller ready to put in the trunk of my car.

On the actual days off that I have “OFF,” this is typically when I’ll sit and relax or go somewhere outside of my town. I rather use the days I’m on RESV to do “daily chores” or improvements around home. The way I view it, it’s easier to already be on the road, cleaned up and can change on the way. Sometimes if I’m off, I’ll get together with my flying buddies and go formation flying for food. Other times I’ll turn the computer on and game for a little, catch up with old friends. Whenever I get a chance throughout the day, I like to pop in on the forum here and see what’s new or if I can respond!

Everyone does things differently, this is just kind of how I live my life right now. :smiley:

Brady