Most Difficult Written Test

• Private Pilot (PPL)
  • Instrument Pilot (IRA)
  • Commercial Pilot (CAX)
  • Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI)
  • Flight Instructor (FIA)
  • Flight Instructor - Instrument (FII)

0 voters

Just out of pure curiosity, I wanted to see what everyone thought was the most difficult written test for them or which test you had to study the most for. Feel free to put why you thought a particular test was the most difficult and any advice you have to anyone about to take that test.

Hated the FOI. Everything else seemed very straight forward, FOI was more conceptual and I’m not a very conceptual kind of guy.

Adam

1 Like

FOI hands down. It’s terribly written and the material is boring unless you’re a psych major.

2 Likes

I actually thought FOI was the easiest because it was a super small test bank and I was very familiar with the material having a background in psychology (as I’d planned to go into criminal profiling). But for me, whatever the largest test bank was. I believe that was the CAX/FIA but I could be wrong.

FOI gets my vote just because a lot of the questions were rather abstract. That being said, I would not describe any of them as terribly difficult.

Chris

ATM. Huge bank. New concepts.

FOI…I thought the others were easier due to the application of math base questions and use of graphs/charts. :smiley: