Negative reviews

Charles,
I started the program yesterday - my showtime was 0420, today my showtime is 1230, Saturday I’m scheduled to fly at 0530 - You have to be flexible and available pretty much 24/7.
-Steve

Thanks Steve,

Sounds like my jump school I went to back in 2016. They both require weather flexibility. IDK why I didn’t think of that.

1 Like

Charles,
Yeah, if you’ve been in the military, its kind of similar in that there will be some hurry up and wait - showing up way earlier than you need to only to have to cancel an event, last minute recalls because a plane became available, etc.
Just gotta be flexible!

2 Likes

Seems like my showtime at base for some of my early morning flights. :smiley:

Brady

1 Like

Charles,

Even if you are on top of your studies, the unpredictable schedule is the main reason why we recommend clearing out any personal life conflicts for the 9 months you’re in the program. It’s asking a lot, but the return is worth it.

Hannah

2 Likes

Hannah,

Speaking of being worth it. Just to be clear, at the completion of this 9 month course. I will have the qualifications needed to get a job flying at an airline, correct?

Charles,

At the completion of the program, you will have the qualifications needed to get hired at the regional airlines, but you will not have the flight time required. The FAA requires airline pilots to have 1,500 hours of flight time, the vast majority of pilots build this time via flight instructing. You will also need your ATP license when you start at a regional, but you cannot take that check ride until you have 1,500 hours

Chris

1 Like

Charles,

As Chris mentioned, upon completion of the ACPP, you will have to build the remainder of flight time to the aeronautical requirements under 14 CFR 61.159. Below is a screenshot of what you’ll complete the ACPP with:

Below is a copied quote I linked from another thread reply I did in the past about time building jobs etc.:

Brady

1 Like