Now it’s my turn to be nervous

Primary backstory:

Hey y’all, My name is Jordan; I’m 25, from Kansas City, Missouri, and I enjoy long walks around my house in the dark, and I always order appetizers when I go out to eat.

That’s supposed to sound like a dating profile, but now I’ll use this site for its intended purpose.
My first ever answer to “what do you want to be when you grow up?” was that I wanted to be a pilot. Out of high school, I went to community college and eventually acquired an associate’s degree. I did two internships with The Walt Disney Company, and worked Airport Operations and Customer Service for Alaska Airlines.

I absolutely loved everything about Alaska Airlines and my work there renewed my passion for this industry. I’ve been studying flight schools for more than two years and I decided on ATP about six months ago. Somewhere along the way I got the impression I would be able to secure enrollment a month I’m advance, but when I called in June I was told I wouldn’t start until November 26.

I’ve read mixed answers on testing ahead of the program, but I was very worried about going into the program expecting zero income, so I’ve focused a lot of my time working full-time ever since I got to Colorado so I can save and make living without income a little easier.

For the last three months, I’ve casually been studying with King Schools and the self-study modules available in the ATP student portal. I haven’t taken any writtens yet, and I’m ten days from my start date.

The primary reason I haven’t rushed to the writtens is that I’m worried I’m not prepared enough. On this forum, y’all mention failure to prepare as the number one reason for repeat training. Now that I’m ten days from starting, I’m even more nervous that I’m underprepared to start.

In addition to any advice y’all are willing to supply, I’m also curious what do y’all do for health insurance?