One step at a time!

It’s only been a few days since I started researching into ATP and posting with questions, and now I’m almost 95% certain I want to go the ATP route. I just got my First Class Medical today and finance is good to go. Waiting to take a tour Friday at the Richmond location as it’s closest to me and do an Intro flight in the Piper Archer since I’m exactly 6’3 and want to make sure I fit in the aircraft without compromising safety.

Things are moving along with quick and I plan to start in February. I’m a transitioning Army veteran with a bachelors degree.

The only thing up in the air is I interviewed with American Airlines Cadet Academy and I think I really like the program, but I’m still waiting to hear back from them. At this point I’m more leaning towards ATP as it seems to get me to my goal a lot faster. Does anyone familiar with the AA Cadet Academy know what could be the potential benefits of the program that ATP doesnt have? I’m literally on the fence between the two.

Joel,

Hopefully someone with some experience with the AA program may chime in but know since the program is new, other than the interview process I doubt any one has the whole pictures as they’re yet to graduate a single pilot. Aside from perhaps some better interest rates (which are MORE than offset by ATPs faster route to an airline), I have yet to see any advantage.

Adam