Pilot salary

What is the salary of a pilot per year?

Mahin,

Please visit our FAQ section where we outline pilot pay in detail. Short answer is it depends and can range from $20k to $400k+.

Adam

Mahin,
Can you be a little more specific? What type of pilot are you referring to? An airline pilot at the regionals or majors or a flight instructor pilot?
Pay varies dramatically based on what type of flying the pilot is doing.
-Hannah

I’ll piggyback off the OP’s question. What would the salary be for a new CFI, after completing +/-7months in the Fast Track program?

Think I found it…Flying as a Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) / ATP Flight School

Rough. Maybe we could account for some inflation… :wink:

Chris,
Yep you found it. That is actually spot on. It was $17 a flight hr when I was instructing a year ago so it did go up slightly! Your income will fluctuate dependent on the amount of students your assigned and hours you fly. Each student is allotted a certain amount of flight hours per phase so once you’ve completed those hours there is nothing left to fly until they reach another phase. Luckily the program moves very fast:) Flight instructors salaries aren’t great. There’s no denying that. You just have to make due and know that the hours you’re accruing is the real currency to be valued. However if you can’t pay your bills I’d take a look at the regional cadet programs. There is a lot of tuition reimbursement to be earned that makes a big difference on your financial state!
-Hannah

1 Like

Major airline pilots? What will be the salary?

To be a major airline pilot do we need to do any kind of degree?

Mahin,

Major airlines want to see a 4yr degree but they don’t really care what your major is.

Starting salary at a Major is about $80k and they continue to increase up to approx $400k.

Adam

Mahin,

Please check out these two links to help answer questions:

Chris