Regional Schedule

Does anyone have an example regional pilot schedule available? I know you typically get about 11 days off a month from what I’ve researched but what does that look like? A lot of 4 day trips with 2 days off between?

Thanks!

Brandon,

I suggest you visit the pilot schedules section and take a look at Tory and Hannah’s schedules. Tory just moved on to Alaska but you can see his schedule while at Horizon from when he was a newhire on and Hannah’s at SkyWest as well.

Adam

Brandon,
Here’s the link to my past schedules. They have been reserve up to this point which means 18 days on and 12 days off. Been filled with flying. March I got a line so I’ll be posting that schedule at the end of the month.

-Hannah

2 Likes

This might be a short easy question but what happens if you’re on reserve from 9a-9p and the call you for a flight at 8p? Is that just life on reserve? Haha

Also, if you take that 8p flight is it now expected that you be back the next morning (assuming you didn’t get a flight back that night) at 9am ready to go for another day of reserve?

Brandon,

There are flight duty time limits that regulate how long you can be on duty in any given day. The charts vary by what time you start, size if the crew, and number of legs but in general the longest you can be on duty, on a Reserve day, 16hrs. In your scenario if they call you at 8pm and need to give you 2hrs (standard call out time) to get to the airport and ready to go, that’s already 13hrs burned (9am -10pm) which only leaves you 3hrs to fly (actually 2:45 since you’ll need 15min after debrief time) so it’ll be a pretty short trip.

As for the next day, in most cases pilots aren’t back the same night and most trips are multi days so you’d no longer be on Reserve but just be in that trip.

Adam

Hey Brandon,

That schedule is going to vary from regional to regional especially once someone becomes a line holder. At my regional, we have the ability to essentially create our own schedule once you have the seniority to hold a Round 1 line. With that said you can work as much as you want, as long as you don’t break any regulations, or just the minimum allowed. For the month of April, I have 19 days off while crediting almost 85 hours. So that is a pretty good month for me.

1 Like

That sounds like a dream schedule. Can I work at your regional when/if you leave? Haha

Hannah, on your schedule where it says Re2 does that mean on reserve and didn’t work? I have a pilot from my unit who just got hired by Skywest a few months ago and I’ve heard great things from him about it there.

Anthony,
Yes that’s correct. RE2 is PM reserve 9A-9pm. If that’s the only thing listed for the day, I was reserve and didn’t get called. If there was a trip over a block of days, I got called and assigned that trip.
-Hannah