Starting from zero! Hopefully with ATP

Henderson,

Welcome to the forum and ATP, as Adam says it best, “the clock is ticking.”

I don’t think any of us can’t say it enough, the recommendation to at least get the PAR written completed prior to entry is a huge head start to your program. If you have time to knock more out, great, Sheppard Air will help you prepare. We have a guide for the Airman Knowledge Test, the way to study for the PAR is undecided and there’s multiple application/software out there.

You’re on a time crunch and the last thing you need to stress is plane availability and maintenance at a smaller-scale school if you want to get to the airlines. It took me 13 months to get my private at a smaller-scale school, and 3 of those involved the school being closed due to financial and management issues. At ATP you can trust the team of experts in Florida and all over to help make sure that you will have a plane for your lesson. Sometimes we can’t expect when that one plane on the line gets a flat and can’t get fixed until the next day, or weather happens when you have a fleet of planes. I think the only reason you should want to consider a smaller-scale is if you’re unsure of flying, which you don’t seem to be - so I think a school like ATP or similar is worth your consideration.

You might have also hit the lottery, there’s a location right in North Las Vegas too:

I recommend getting a training center tour scheduled along with an admission flight, and meet some current student/instructors at the location. You could call admin at 904-595-7950 to schedule it.

Brady

1 Like