Steven - questions

Steven,

Seems a little nostalgic right now reviewing my old thread to see if I can reference anything above…as it’s been a few months since I’ve checked in. Little teaser, you brought me back a few weeks sooner that I was expecting to be here. :wink: spoiler alert

As you have probably read, I have another thread posting title Current PPL-SEL, I need some advice. To simply sum up the thread posting, I wasn’t sure of my decision. I applied for my initial loan and got declined, after numerous hours on the phone with underwriters and their manager, I was able to come to an agreement and signed the documents. I took my intro flight in November 2019, enrolled following week with @ATPEric. A few weeks prior to my start date ATP released the 100-HR ME program, I contacted Kirk from Financing to see what I could do, I needed to find funding for $12,000+ to upgrade. I tried getting my lender to approve an increase, but the best they could do was $2,000…no biggie.

I would say I made the right choice going in the direction that I did. In the aviation industry today, so many more paths exist than it did 2 years ago, that the 100-HR ME program is reasonable to eye up. The benefit of doing the 100-HR ME is that you will get the obvious: more twin-engine time which helps with finding low-time P91 and P135 gigs that may be of interest if CFI does not work out. A lot of Private companies require an X amount of Multiengine time because of insurance purposes, not that they don’t think you can fly a jet. If you do the training and demonstrate your ability to fly a jet, then the only thing stopping you is the hours and the company’s insurance broker. Private flying soared during covid peaks, which saw a lot of furloughed pilots making the jump to P91 and P135 operations. JetIt soared through ratings and growing, similar to NetJets and FlexJet.

If I had been approved for the extra $12,000, at the time I would have taken the 100-HR ME, but I can say proudly that I am extremely thankful with the route that I took. I also have another thread posting titled: New Journey in Life.

Brady

1 Like