New Journey in Life

Since I have officially enrolled into ATP’s Fast Track program entering with a private pilot certificate, I thought I would start a thread to share my experiences as I begin studying and preparing for this challenging, yet rewarding journey. I just want to first put a thought out there to any individuals that may be interested in getting your certificate (at minimum a Private Pilot) - “a mile of roadway can get you a mile, but a mile of runway can get you to endless destinations”…I started searching on this forum since September 2019 and you could say ‘I have been an active member throughout that time,’ but asking questions is vital in your knowledge and preparation for such a life change. Don’t hesitate to ask mentors like Chris, Adam, Tory, and any other individual that is current or graduated. Below I’ve attached my original forum post regarding some advice and the recommendations, etc. I received from various members!

As of November 13, I was register as a student at ATP’s Trenton, NJ location for July 06, 2020 - where I did my admission flight on November 4 flying the Piper Archer (a very similar plane to the Cherokee 180 I fly almost on a regular basis).

I will begin studying for my IR and FII, then CAX, FIA, and FOI. I do plan on using Sheppard Air for all my knowledge tests which is provided during your course enrollment payment, you can only have one course active at a time (which I think follows through their study strategy).

Can I say, let the countdown begin?! I am more than excited to move forward with ATP and to learn the ins and outs of everything. I will be back shortly with more details and experiences as time continues forward.

Current PPL-SEL, I need some advice

3 Likes

Brady,

Thank you for letting us know that you are enrolled. Please keep the updates going as your progress through the program, we love hearing how people are doing.

Chris

1 Like

Congrats on the decision! Hopefully ill be there instructing but if not good luck and I know Pierce and Dane will take good care of you! I’ll be finished with the program in the next week or so.

1 Like

Dane was awesome during the admission flight, totally looking forward to everything. Maybe, just maybe you might be my future instructor then!

Life’s totally real right now. So stoked. July 06, 2020.

6 Likes

Nice! I start in March and should be getting all my materials within the next couple of days also… Can’t wait

1 Like

Very nice! Congrats!

Adam

1 Like

That is awesome. I still have my ATP backpack, it ended up becoming my diaper bag when I had kids :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brings up the memories seeing others getting excited for the journey. I remembering going through the packing slip to make sure it was all there and organizing it all. Time flies by in the program so make sure to take a second now and then and enjoy it all even during the tough times! I should post a picture of what the box looks like post program after the dust settles! Congrats and good luck again!

2 Likes

Minor quick update during the holiday season.
Today I tested both IRA and FII at my local airport for the Airman’s Knowledge Test. My results were super rewarding after spending nearly a month and a half studying. I started out watching King’s Ground School videos on Instrument just because I have a better comprehend of material visually and auditorial. I did that from the middle of November and competed them late November, hours and hours of material. Then I went to Sheppard Air and studied the IRA with their study strategy. Word on the street was that the FII had the same test bank and that is why I decided to take both! Overall scores are as followed:

IRA - 98%
FII - 96%

Sheppard Air works, that’s all I have to say.

I have heard that about the test banks too now that you’ve taken it what do you think? I’ve read a lot of stuff saying to take both how you did.

Stacey,

I did not study anything different for the FII. I just went and took both, no regrets.

Brady

Brady,

Excellent work, keep it up!

Chris

1 Like

Thanks Chris! Up next is CAX & FOI. Hoping to continue this momentum forward as I’m sure it’ll help.

Brady

Wow didn’t even give me credit for helping you study :joy:

1 Like

Okay @JoshuaMcCormick is right, he did help me hours with those holding patterns, I can’t forget about that. Though I only had 1 holding question on the AKT IRA :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@joshuamcCormick when do you leave again? Need More Josh Ground school!!!

1 Like

I don’t. I’ll explain when I get back to PAE so I lm not posting about it here

1 Like

@Adam,

Morning Adam, when you were at Trenton (TTN), did you do housing through ATP?