Why Atp?

Don,

I am glad that we are able to help answer your questions. Please let us know how else we can be of help to you.

Chris

Well… loan documents are being processed, Ipad purchased, looking forward to a possible early January start in Tucson. Thank you all for helping make this massive decision! My only hold up is the 90day for the upgrade from 2nd class to 1st class medical!

Can’t believe this is actually happening!

Don

Kudos Don,

You going to start working on your writtens? The correct answer is YES!

Adam

@Adam

You are absolutely correct, the iPad will be here by Wednesday. My plan is by Nov 15 private, Dec 15 instrument, Jan 15 commercial. With the goal being all 3 completed by Dec 31. 1st class medical first week of Jan depending on AME schedule. Start by Jan 16.

Don,

Slight modification to your plan:
PAR exam by Nov 15
IRA AND FII by Dec 15 (both share the same bank of questions)
CAX and FIA by Jan 15 (while not the exact bank, very similar and you should be able to study for both concurrently but your call)

Adam

Adam,

That modification is absolutely freaking awesome.

It can be done, It will be done!

Thank you for this advice. I will take it to heart.

Also, from what I’ve read King Air for PPL, Sheppard for all others. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Don

Don,

Def Sheppard for everything other than PPL. For the PAR I think the jury is out on King’s vs Sporty’s? Both are solid.

Adam

Adam,

Understood, I have the PPL books from 2011 that I am casually reading knowing that the information has since been updated. You are a wealth of knowledge and an amazing help Thank You!

Don

Don,

Congrats on taking the leap! Many dream to but only the few actually do it. You won’t regret it.

The plan sounds great. Do keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any questions along the way to your start date!

Hannah

Hannah,

Thank you for your advice, I cannot wait to get back in the air. I came to this forum undecided of what program I would attend. After the amazing advice and the transparency of the mentors here I feel 100% confident in my decision. I will absolutely keep everyone updated. Taking today as a day off before I start Sporty’s PPL program tomorrow!

I always remembered one of those inspirational quotes with a pretty picture in the background "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” I don’t remember who said it but this is the first step and I’m proud to say it is with ATP.

Don

1 Like

Don,

I am so glad to hear that you have made your decision. It further pleases me that we were able to play some small part in that decision.

Be careful with that iPad. I was a PC guy until United bought me an iPad. A few months later I bought a MacBook and before you knew it I had an iPhone. I have resisted the watch, but the Mac platform is infectious.

Please let us know how we canoe of help along the way and keep us in the loop as you progress.

Chris

Chris,

I’m holding on to my Samsung as it works so well with my TV hahah.

Also you all helped make a mountain of decisions in to a mole hill. After the camaraderie you have all shown, I feel this is the right place for me to strive. I will be here more than necessary but I know every mentor here is a wealth of knowledge that will help me through the training.

Don

Alright, Update time.

iPad is here, foreflight downloaded as well as Sporty’s. What other apps does everyone recommend?

Sallie Mae financing should be done tomorrow!

1st Class Med scheduled for Nov 7th. Also on that subject, I have spoken with the FAA about the 90 Days and what that means is your AME cannot print your Medical Certificate within the 90 Days. My 1st Class will come from OKC via email.

As soon as I receive the 1st Class med, I will be scheduling the intro flight and start date shortly after that.

Here’s fingers crossed for a January start at TUS.

I’ll keep updating as I progress throughout the process! (I read all of @forourspam Sergey’s journey and gave me so much hope. What a good read, this guy is amazing and inspiring.)

Don

Don,

Here are some apps that I have downloaded onto my personal iPad:

1. LiveATC (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS)
  2. FAR/AIM
  3. Flight Test X20 (Sheppard Air)
  4. Hold Trainer
  5. WindTunnel Free
  6. PA-44

An app that you may want to consider is a crosswind calculator.

I’m glad to hear things are rolling along for you.

Brady

Awesome, downloading those apps now!
Thanks Brady!

Don,

It sounds like all the pieces are coming together. FYI, you do not need the medical for the intro flight, just to reserve the start date.

Chris

Update!

Admission flight set up for Nov 5th, finalizing financing with sallie mae. Should finalize a start date within the next week.

Looking forward to getting back in the air

Don

Excellent! Let us know how it goes and if there’s anything else we can do to help.

Adam

I absolutely will, I keep reading the forums and getting a good laugh here and there. Planning on the 100hr multi as well so that will be a awesome experience.

Don

Woooo, glad you took our advice. Trust the process and the leap will be worth it! Please keep us posted as you progress, exciting times. :slight_smile:

Brady