737 SOPs/systems

Hey all. Im new on here. Im an Aspiring airline pilot Working on my PPL with 20 hours at a flight school university. One of my assignments in class is to do a paper on the SOPs/systems of the 737 NG/MAX. As much as I want to learn the aircraft inside and out, I don’t know where I could find a good source on the systems and 737 SOPs. Where would the best place to look? I understand some SOPs might be confidential for each company. Maybe a better question would be how is the 737 operated at each airline from gate to gate at airlines such as UAL, DAL, AAL, SWA? Is the SOPs the same or different with preflight, performance, and critical phases of flight. Just trying to get a sense on where to look.

Levi,

You are asking a question that there are books several inches think to cover, to really compare the SOPS of the airlines would take months of reading material that you do not yet have the background to understand. This sounds like a typical assignment from an aviation college professor that has never flown the 737 and is just handing out assignments. Even if you got a SWA pilot to sit down and explain their SOPS in detail, he would have no idea what Delta’s SOPS are.

I would suggest using resources within your aviation university.

Chris

1 Like

Levi,

Without question all airlines use Boeing SOPs as at least a foundation for their own. While many simply cut and paste Boeings, others will go off script for operational considerations based on their own needs. With that in mind you’re best resourse would be to find Boeings own.

Adam