Anybody else starting at Tampa (PIE) in November?

Anybody else starting at Tampa (PIE) in November? I would rather do a 2/2 apartment with another student and save some $, rather than the $800 through ATP.

Hi Chris!

Sorry, I’m not going to Tampa, but your post reminded me of some thoughts I’ve had and considered, so I thought I’d share, in case they’re helpful to you in your decisions.

Just keep in mind, one of the benefits via ATP is no lease signing. I bring it up mostly because it’s something I would think about in your situation, and because of what I’ve read about becoming a CFI at the end. Let’s say you finish right on 9 months, and when you’re offered a CFI position, there are no openings in Tampa, nor anywhere reasonably driving-distance nearby. If you signed a year lease, what are you going to do?

Also, I believe I’ve read that all CFI training takes place in only a few different locations. In fact, here - I just found a recent post (2 days ago) from Adam on the topic:

So, for two months, according to the timeline, you’ll be elsewhere anyway while training for CFI certification. The comment about the backlog was more related to that other conversation, not this one, incidentally.

Just suggesting you keep in mind how the program works when you make your living arrangement choices. Hope all goes well, whatever you end up arranging and choosing! And if I got anything wrong, I’m sure someone will chime in. I’m certainly no expert, not having gone through the process myself. This is just what I think I’ve picked up on the topic so far.

Sam

Thanks for the info!

No problem, Chris. Hopefully you figure out something that works for you and you’re happy with, whatever that may be! Back to studying I go.

I’m a current CFI in Tampa and currently live in housing and did through the program. Another thing to keep in mind is that these apartments are fully furnished and all you need to bring is bedding and personal stuff. It makes the transition very easy and there are also tons benifits of living with other students.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

2 Likes