Atp Long beach California

Hey Guys someone of you is or has been student in long beach california location? Pro and cons?

Gavi,

Not sure if we have any current or former LGB students currently on the forum (you can take a look in the Student Experience section)? That said the primary goal is ATP is to deliver the same quality of instruction and resources to ALL their students, regardless of which of the 77 locations they attend. Further, with all the rapid movement in the industry, even if someone does chime in who had been there in the past, good or bad, chances are their instructor is already flying for an airline as ATP had over 1200 grads hired in the last 12mos alone.

Long short, choose the location that works best for you and know you’ll get the best program in the industry.

Adam

Gavi,

I am not aware if we have any Long Beachers on here, but I will point out that the student experience should be very similar, regardless of the location. ATP maintains the same student to instructor and student to airplane ratios at all locations, so the size of the location is not really much of a factor. Bottom line, if Long Beach is a location that works for you, then go for it.

Chris

With regard to checking out specific locations, as mentioned it is fairly standardized, but I used the time when I was doing my intro flight to get to know some of the students and instructors at my preferred location. Keep in mind some of the students/instructors might not be around when you decide to start.

Ben

Gavi,

As the others mentioned, we can’t promise that there is a member actively on the forum from specific location(s). ATP does a really nice job of keeping the program standardized throughout their 77 (current number at time of writing) locations. Regardless if you attended the Long Beach or Boston location, you will receive the same material and program. The one thing that ATP cannot control is weather and DPE availability. I think that a lot of what gets overlooked when everyone starts to panic because they start seeing days delayed in their program.

I would recommend scheduling a TC Tour and Admission Flight at the LGB location and get firsthand experience there. Use the opportunity to meet and observe student/instructor interactions.

Brady

Thanks everybody for the reply. I really appreciate it.