Can you work in this industry with a criminal record

Hi before I go through the training I would like to know whether or not you can even get a job in the industry with a felony conviction? If it depends on the conviction it was for robbery and it was 16 years ago . I have always wanted to be a pilot and have a way to pay for the course but need to have this question answered first. I know the answer might. It be favorable, but it is something I need answered thanks for your help

Matthew,

Please see this frequently asked question:

2 Likes

Hey there! First of all, thanks a bunch for that detailed answer. It definitely shed some light on areas in regards to felons and convictions. I was wondering if you can provide a source that would directly tell me if I would be eligible or not to obtain a pilots license. Given the substantial amount of money needed for the ATP schooling, I’d like to have a direct answer before I commit. Im sure you can understand my reasoning for being inquisitive!

Zachary,

If your question is in regards to a criminal conviction, you will need to speak with a FAA AME, an aviation attorney, or both. There is no spreadsheet out there of which crimes are acceptable and which are not.

Chris