CFI job and regional agreements

Hey,
So I just had a couple questions. So once you graduate ATP after 7 months you get offered a job as a flight instructor for them, correct? Do you start that quite soon after you graduate? Also, how much do the instructors get paid and how frequently do they instruct?

My other question was if you can explain the regional agreements you guys have. I was reading some other forums and it said once you have ~500 hours ATP will possibly get you a job at a regional airline, am I understanding that correctly? If so what would that look like, as in what kind of airline.
Thanks!

1 Like

Carson,

Great questions and here’s some answers.

Students who successfully complete the training will be offered instructor position. Please note that the location of that position is not guaranteed and you may need to relocate to accept it if you choose. If a location that works isn’t available you can of course seek a job elsewhere. Standardization training is usually within 2 weeks to a month of completing the program. For information on pay and more details look here:
https://atpflightschool.com/become-a-pilot/airline-career/flight-instructor-certificate.html

As for the Regional partnership you have the opportunity to interview and receive a conditional job offer in a little as 500hrs. That offer will of course be contingent on you continuing to instruct for ATP and building the required 1500hrs without incident or discipline.

Adam

Carson,

I should point out that the offer of an instructor position is not guaranteed, it depends on the organization’s needs at the time. That being said, ATP is constantly looking for new instructors as existing ones move onto the airlines. Those who do well in the program of course go to the top of the hiring list.

Chris

Awesome, thank you guys so much!