Choosing the Best Partner Path

Brand new to the discussion, learning A LOT from these posts, thank you all!

How on earth do you decide which airline placement and scholarship path to choose?! When do you need to know what path you would like to pursue? Do you interview with multiple partners?

Melissa,

Back in the day we had to beg and plead just for an interview and you went with whichever airline hired you. Due to the pilot shortage things have changed big time and the Regionals are competing for bodies. With that in mind, I don’t know where you are in the process but if it were me I’d be hesitant to commit to any program until I had to. The airlines are literally one upping eachother daily and you don’t want to get locked in too early.

I’d be more concerned with successfully getting through training. Failure to do that makes this whole conversation moot.

Adam

1 Like

Melissa,

Welcome! Glad to hear it. Honestly, you research all that’s available to you, talk to those ahead of you who have committed and figure out what matters to you. I’m sure right now it seems like a million options but when it comes down to it, which airlines have bases near you and what plane do you want to fly. For now though, just focus on your training and soak in what you hear and see.

Hannah

1 Like

Melissa,

Keep in mind that as you go through the program, you will meet others who are ahead of you and moving onto the airlines. From them you will learn the pros and cons of each airline and decide which one might fit best for you. Yes, you can interview with multiple partners and I recommend doing so. ATP also frequently has partner airlines visit the training centers where they provide presentations, I highly recommend attending those once you are a student.

Chris

1 Like

Melissa,

In addition to the advice from the other mentors, we frequently have airline recruiters come out to our training centers to speak with our students and instructors!

Addison

1 Like