College Graduate Ready for ATP

Hello all,

I have had a lifelong dream of becoming a pilot. The passion and obsession I have over aviation is unreal. I couldn’t quite figure out what I wanted to do after high school, so I went straight to college. Finally, after 4 years at Texas Tech, I earned my bachelors degree and officially graduated from there and ready to start working on ATP come December 2018 or January 2019. I am barely 22 years old.

I am working at Business Jet Center (FBO) as a line service technician to understand basic aviation knowledge working around business jets. The problem is working there just makes me more eager to start flight school as soon as possible. I am finishing paying off student loans for the next few months. I am going to have to apply for financing, which won’t be an issue whatsoever.

I took my discovery flight a couple weeks ago and absolutely fell in love. I will be going to ATP in Addison, Texas. I am starting with zero experience. As I stated in the first paragraph, I have my 4 year degree, still living with my parents (no bills) and think I am ready to start my dream for being a pilot for the airlines/corporate jets. I am curious to know if there’s anything else I should be aware of before I start?

Jeremy,

Sounds like you’ve got most of your boxes checked. The only other requirement is a First Class Medical. While you only need a Third Class for training ATP requires a First Class because they want to ensure you have no issues getting one as that’s a requirement for ALL airlines (and many other flying jobs). Other than that you simply need to chose a start date, start working on your Knowledge exams and get crackin’!

Adam

Jeremy,

It sounds like you have everything pretty well figured out, which is fantastic. Like Adam said, start working on your knowledge exams as soon as you have put your deposit down with ATP.

Chris

Chris and Adam,

I believe I found where those tests are through ATP’s website, not quite sure. Another question I have is how many tests are there, what are they all called and how much $ are they a piece?

https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/acpp-prep-written-knowledge-tests.html

1 Like

I start at Addison September 10th. Good luck!

1 Like