Concern's

I am very interested in becoming a pilot, the only down fall I have is that I am the type of person that really needs to go home to my family every night, is there any chance that I could still become a pilot and have a normal home life?

Bethany,

In short, no. Pilots travel all over the world and sometimes spend several days at a time on the road. There are points in one’s career where a pilot is home more than other times, but it is never every night.

Chris

1 Like

Bethany,

If you are talking about being an airline pilot, then like Chris said, the short answer is no. But there are other jobs, like flight instruction for example, that allow you to be at home every night. What are you looking for exactly?

Yarden

1 Like

Bethany,

While they are few and far between there are a few positions where you could be home every night. As the guys pointed out that generally doesn’t include airlines. However I fly for Hawaiian which has interisland operations which do mean you’re home every night. While Hawaiian is unique there are some other smaller operations that do the same as well. Cape Air in the Northeast and Silver Airways in FL for example. If you eventually desire to fly for a Major (or even a Regional) that’ll mean time away but if not, there are options.

Adam