Degree and Aviation Universities

Hello,
I am currently working on my associates degree in Mathematics. I am curious to know if there are aviation colleges/universities that offer Bachelor programs to students who already possess an associates degree? My current plan is to complete my associates degree at my college, attend my local university to complete by bachelors degree, and finally attend a flight school. It would be awesome if I am able to complete my bachelors degree and get my pilot licenses at the same time. I know some aviation universities offer 4 year degrees in aviation along with your licenses and ratings but I haven’t heard of anyone going into those universities with an associates and finishing with a bachelors and their licenses and ratings.

Destin,

This is ATP Flight Schools forum and while we’re familiar with some of the university programs we don’t know the specifics. I recommend you contact the schools that offer aviation bachelor’s program and ask them directly since even if we had the info you’d still need to get the particulars and details from them.

Adam

Thanks for the response Adam. I will look into more universities but most only offer the four year course as a package. One last question, I have noticed that some regionals offer to pay for their future pilot’s ATP-CTP. Are they offering to pay solely for a course entitled ATP-CTP or are they actually paying for the course and the ATP license all together?

Destin,

They’re not paying for either. When hired at a Regional the ATP-CTP will be included as part of your newhire training. After that you’ll be trained on the aircraft you’ll be flying and your checkride will be for both your type AND your ATP cert.

Btw, have you thought about perhaps starting your flight training after you get your AA degree and then getting your BA/BS after? While challenging that would get you flying sooner.

Adam