Entry with no Intro as a Pilot

I hope this message finds you well.

I’m reaching out today to share a bit about my current journey and seek your valuable insights. Life has taken me on a rollercoaster ride recently. I’ve managed to defer my loans until next year, and while part-time work helps pay the bills, it’s been a real challenge, especially after losing my full-time job in March. I’m currently living with roommates, trying to keep afloat.

I have some silver linings though. Back in 2021, I secured a mortgage with a great APR and invested in a rental home. Professionally, I’ve worked in the Aviation industry in different roles, although I lack pilot experience. Despite this, my heart is set on a career in the skies. I’m a college graduate, and I see myself as someone who’s competent, eager, efficient, and always ready to communicate.

The idea of flying not only excites me but also feels like a dream career. However, I’m facing a financial roadblock. I’m struggling to find the means to fund my aviation dreams. Every practical bone in my body tells me to secure a stable job first. I just cant procrastinate this decision.

I’m at a crossroads. That’s why I’m reaching out to you. Your experience and wisdom could be the guiding light I need right now. I would be immensely grateful for any advice, mentorship, or even just a few words of encouragement.

I know I can do this…

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Your support means the world to me.

1 Like

Adam

Kevin,

Your first step is to complete an Introductory Flight, you don’t list any prior flight experience, to say the idea of flying excites, but feels like a dream, you haven’t touched the controls of a trainer aircraft to know if this is something you can do. I recommend looking at your nearest airport and finding a flight school to conduct an introductory flight, and maybe a few lessons, to ensure this is something you want to do.

I also recommend contacting ATP and setting up a Training Center Tour and Admissions Flight. There is 80+ locations around the nation, maybe there’s one near you?

Brady