Real Answers from Real Pilots

First class medical ADHD

Hey guys so I recently went to get my medical for flight school and they didn’t give it to me because I had ADHD when I was younger. I haven’t taken any medication in 4 years and have a note from a doctor stating I no longer would meet the requirements for ADHD. The FAA is reviewing my application and will get back to me, has anyone gone through this experience and how likely are they to still give you your class one

I think someone recently posted the time it took and amount of money. Let me see if I can find it

Chris F

1 Like

Here is the post on their situation and how it went.

Good luck,
Chris F

2 Likes

Ethan,

A medical certificate deferral isn’t fun. I know firsthand. The best advice that I can give you is to be patient and just follow the FAA’s instructions. If you have any questions on the status of your application just call the airman certification branch for updates.

I imagine the next thing that will happen is the FAA is going to review your application that was submitted by your Aviation Medical Examiner. After review they will most likely mail you some documentation which should include instructions on exactly what you need to do.

Take this advice with a grain of salt. Each case is different and I am only able give advice based off of my own experience. Your best resource for guidance is your AME.

Tory