First class medical from 10/19/2019

Hello,

I will be starting at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ on October 4th. I’m very excited, and getting ready for my start date (which has crept up on me quicker than I could imagine). I do have a question regarding my First Class Medical. My exam date was on 10/19/2019. I believe that someone from ATP admissions told me I would be okay to start my training with this medical certificate since I am still able to use my 2nd and 3rd class privileges for a while even though the 1st class privileges are expired. Is anyone here able to clarify this for me? Thank you.

You didn’t state the age you were when you got your 1st class medical in 2019. If you were under 40, and had no medical deficiencies that arose during that timeframe (per §61.53 FAR), you will be fine to start your training. Obviously, if you were 40 or older on the day of your last exam or had something reportable come up, I’d recommend getting another exam done.

Okay awesome. I am 25 so it sounds like I should be good. By the way Sergey, I followed your journey through ATP and it was a source of motivation for me to pursue training.

1 Like

Thank you! Glad I could be of help to you! Best of luck and please keep us posted here

Jordan,

You should be fine but just know if something has changed health wise or in your medical or arrest history you will want to get a new one. It would be shame to go through your training and then find out you’ve got issues.

Adam

Jordan,

I highly recommend upgrading your medical so that you start Day 1 with a valid First Class.

Addison