Grades before ATP

Hi all, I would really appreciate some kind of advice as I am a little lost right now.
I have always loved the idea of flying and I know for certain it is what I want to do, which is why I enrolled in a flight school mixed with a college program that promised low costs, getting all my ratings, and a 2 year degree. It all sounded perfect, until it actually started. I got switched around to 6 different instructors, and with weather, plane availability, cfi availability, and countless review flights because of all the delays, I am almost done with school but I am just barely about to finish my private. I really would love to go to ATP after I finish college but am a little concerned with the admissions process. I have had a lot of personal issues while going through college that have caused me to not have the best grades, and I am concerned that I will not be able to get in because of this. I really would love to be apart of the program, I just dont know how far they look into your grades, or is it more of just a flight experience kind of thing. I know I will do very well in this program because I thrive in situations like this one.
Thank you, all advice is welcome!

Sydney,

ATP currently does not consider GPA for admission. So, I’m that regard you should be fine. Some major airlines consider GPA though. So, you’ll want to do your best to improve your GPA for that reason.

Tory

1 Like

Awesome thank you so much, if you don’t mind me asking what do they consider?

Not at all. From ATP’s website:

1 Like

Sydney,

Keep in mind that personal issues will likely continue to occur after you begin ATP. ATP’s program is a highly accelerated program, there is not much downtime at all in it. Any kind of side drama will likely affect your progress through the program, which will also impact your ability to get hired at an airline. In short, get the personal issues resolved before beginning training.

Chris

Sydney,

I’m with Chris here. You need to make sure all your ducks are in a row before you start the program or it will not go well for you. Same if or when you make it to the airlines. Pilots need to be able to compartmentalize.

Adam