How Do I Get Started?!

I’m 15 and 7 months now I love planes and one day would love the opportunity to become a pilot, what documents would I need to start training and how can I get into flight school? Is their like certain steps I’d need to follow to begin the journey of becoming a commercial airline pilot? Please let me know anything and everything please!

Hopefully you guys can help thanks sorry for too much questions!

Alexander,

No sorrys, if you don’t ask, you don’t know. First and foremost if you scan this forum you’ll see I’m very adamant about any perspective pilot taking an intro flight before they do ANYTHING else. While you may love planes until you’ve sat upfront in the cockpit of a real airplane you won’t know for certain. After you do and assuming you enjoy it the best thing you can do is study hard and get good grades. Ideally you want to get into a good college, do well and THEN start you training. In order to advance as a commercial pilot you’ll need a degree and really there’s not much you can do (other than recreational flying) until you’re 21 relax. Keep doing what you’re doing. Stay excited, read as much as you can find online, and ask questions. This probably isn’t the answer you want but trust me the time will pass fast. Oh and go for a plane ride!

Adam

Thank you so much, you made it so much clearer for me!