License

Hello, I am a student who is about to start college my freshman year at Georgia Perimeter College and will eventually transfer to Middle Georgia State to do my flight training. However I wanted to know if there are any licenses I should get certified in to make my education quicker and more efficient, thank you for any and all help provided. The reason why I am asking is because I went to orientation and some students who were transferring over said that they either almost got there license or they do and now I am a little bit worried that if I dont get the licenses I need, I will fall back and spend more time than I need to.

Kenan,

If you’re going to do your flight training at Middle Georgia, you should be asking them. I’m not familiar with their program so I can’t say. I don’t know what ratings they’ll credit and if it will speed up your program or not. I suggest you reach out to them.

Tory

I would recommend reaching out to the career counselors at your college to see what they say. But short answer is no, there really is not. You simply need to have your pilot licenses and a college degree.

Kenan,

It’s not uncommon for people to have done some flight training or even earned their Private licenses prior to university or other training programs. That said we have no way of knowing if your school has any prerequisites or other requirements. Frankly you should’ve asked at the orientation. Regardless it’s best you find out before you start.

Adam

I know they do not require any form of licensing as a pre requisite, but I am wondering if maybe getting a license now in some sort can help speed up the process in general.

Right. And you’ll be calling Middle Georgia to find out. Right? :wink:

Tory

2 Likes