New to the Forum

Hi! My name is Aysia and I am a freshman in college. I have decided to pursue the path of becoming a pilot for a major airline company but don’t know where to start or how to get there. I see that there are many experienced pilots on this forum and was wondering if I could get in contact with anyone so that I may ask my numerous questions. I would be most gracious if we could exchange emails and I could get some pointers on the best path to reach my goal. Thank you for reading!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Aysia.

We are all here to help answer your questions. I’m almost certain that many of your questions have already been answered. For convenience, we’ve created an FAQ section.
https://airlinepilot.life/c/Ask-your-questions-and-get-real-answers-from-real-pilots/frequently-asked-questions

If you don’t see your question answered there, try the search function. You should see a magnifying glass near the upper right hand corner. A few key words usually does the trick. If you still need help, that’s what we’re here for.

Tory

Hi Aysia,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your decision to pursue a career in aviation! It’s fantastic to hear about your aspirations to become a pilot for a major airline. You’ve come to the right place to start your journey.

This forum is indeed an excellent resource for asking questions and seeking advice, not just from experienced pilots but also from fellow student pilots who may have the same questions as you. Remember, there’s no such thing as a dumb question here. Every question you ask contributes to the wealth of knowledge on this forum, making it an even more valuable resource for all students. By sharing your queries and experiences, you’re helping to build a supportive community where everyone can learn and grow together.

Moreover, we’re fortunate to have a number of pilot mentors on this forum who are currently flying for airlines. They offer a wealth of knowledge and insights from the industry, and I’m sure they would be delighted to help guide you through your journey. While exchanging emails can be helpful, I encourage you to ask your questions openly here when you feel comfortable doing so. This way, not only do you benefit from the collective wisdom of the forum, but your questions and the answers they generate also help others who may be in a similar position as you.

Rest assured, this community is here to support you every step of the way. Feel free to share your questions, no matter how numerous, and we’ll do our best to provide you with the pointers and guidance you need to reach your goal.

Jay