Order your iPad/Tablets now!

Hey guys, I just purchased my iPad Mini 64GB Wifi+Cellular and I was surprised (but not surprised…) that the delivery time was projected at 4-6 weeks. I’ll be without my iPad for the first week of courses at ATP in Livermore, but I’m sure I can sort something out.

Moral of the story: If you’re buying new, buy now!! Supply is scarce.

1 Like

Chris,

While unfortunate, you will be fine without your iPad for the first week. The first week is just basic maneuvers. Plus, there should be a pilot shop near the airport if you actually need paper charts. Not a bad idea to have anyway. I always required my students to have them because it’s good to know how to use both paper and electronic.

But like I said, you’ll mostly be referencing the materials ATP sent you in the box for your first few weeks.

Tory

2 Likes

Awesome, good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

Chris et al,

I know this might be hard to wrap your minds around, but we did and can fly without iPads :wink:
Just sayin’…

Adam

1 Like

Hey Chris, I’m in my 2nd week at ATP in Jacksonville. You really don’t need the iPad for the first week. I used mine to check the weather and pull up the airport diagram on ForeFlight, that’s basically it

1 Like

Lol. Inconceivable!! :upside_down_face:
Hey, ATP admissions wants us to have all materials ready, so I’m just doing my part to be ready.

For those that expect to order their iPads and have them in 2-3 business days, they’ll be in for a disrespectful surprise when they don’t receive their iPad until the 4th or 5th week into the course. But anyways, sounds like it won’t be an issue.