Part 61/141

Okay this may be lengthy. I passed my private pilot checkride btw!! So I wanted to ask you guys about doing instrument/commercial training. Is it possible that I work on instrument training and since the school is low on cfii, that on the days I’m not able to work with them, work on commercial requirements by myself? I know 141 won’t allow me to do that and it won’t allow me to log required hours for commercial in I do instrument 141. I’d like to finish as soon as I can and I know things like stage checks in 141 really bog you down timewise. I was 141 for private and took me 5 months to get my private “FULL TIME”. I just think it’s counterintuitive to do 141 right? Since I want to get both done and Ben able to work on both at the same time. What are your thoughts?

Gabriel,

Your question is somewhat confusing? Are saying your switching schools and now going to train Part 61? For your CPL there really isn’t alot of required training. You need to meet the time requirements, pass the written and fly the maneuvers. As you said for Part 141 you must stick with the curriculum period.

It took you 5 mos to earn your PPL? Not to be a salesman but if you really want to finish fast you could complete ALL the rest of your training in 6mos at ATP AND have a guaranteed instructor position AND receive tuition reimbursement. Just saying.

Adam

Yes I’m sorry if it was confusing. Just wanted to see what you thought about finishing up 61 vs 141

Adam Pilot Mentor
November 30 |

Gabriel,

Your question is somewhat confusing? Are saying your switching schools and now going to train Part 61? For your CPL there really isn’t alot of required training. You need to meet the time requirements, pass the written and fly the maneuvers. As you said for Part 141 you must stick with the curriculum period.

It took you 5 mos to earn your PPL? Not to be a salesman but if you really want to finish fast you could complete ALL the rest of your training in 6mos at ATP AND have a guaranteed instructor position AND receive tuition reimbursement. Just saying.

Adam

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Well it took you 5 mos to get your PPL, what do YOU think?

Adam

There is absolutely no reason at all to do any training part 141. EVER, All it does is slow you down, cost more money than it should and make things overly complex. Save your money and go part 61.

That being said, some of your timeline issues might be more aa function of the school you are at than anything else.