PPL in Class C or Class E airspace?

Good day, all! Early May I am trying to schedule an intro flight at the RIC location, and if I enjoy it as much as I expect to, go for my 1st-class medical (to be sure there are no surprises). Then I’m planning to begin work on my PPL with the intent to start at ATP at RIC with credit for PPL when my current Army enlistment is up.

My question is regarding the value of training out of an airport in Class D vs Class E airspace. All else being equal (drive time to airport, aircraft, aircraft and CFI availability, the school generally, cost, etc.), would it benefit me to train at an untowered airport (JGG) in Class E where there would be very little time spent taxiing, waiting for clearances and other traffic, etc. and spend more time (money) in the air, or a Class D regional (PHF) where I might get more radio and otherwise real-world experience but possibly lose money on the ground?

Thanks!

Alan,

I am very familiar with both of those airports, either one will be perfectly fine and you will get plenty of experience at both of them. By the way, PHF is class D, not C.

Chris

Oops. Yes indeed, Chris. I’m going to change that now. And thanks for the reply! I assumed you knew at least PHF pretty well.