Prior Military Experience

First Post.

I just started ATP at the end of June and should take my Private checkride in the next week or so. Once upon a time I flew helicopters in the Army National Guard and got my instrument and commercial certificate through the FAA for rotary wing.

Does this technically qualify me for R-ATP minimums? I have 350ish hours in rotary wing. Would those hours count towards the 750 required for the R-ATP? And lastly, would I be considered at R-ATP minimums for a regional FO position, with only 400 hours being fixed wing?

I know not many military pilots are on here but maybe a few of you have some insights. Thanks in advance.

BJ,

I could be mistaken but I believe you would qualify. This really is a question for the FAA and for a definitive answer Id contact your local FSDO.

I also suggest you take a look over here. There’s tons of great info for former military rotary jocks. FAA Requirements for Rotorcraft Pilots

Adam

Thanks for the link Adam. It was a good read and answered a lot of my questions.

I guess as for the being marketable at only 750 TT is airline dependent. Probably best for me to contact recruiters and get their opinions.

BJ,

The Regionals need bodies. Def reach out but I don’t think you’ll have a problem.

Adam