Quick Update

Wow!

All I can say is just, wow. What an experience the program has been thus far.
It may seem like drinking from a firehouse at times, but if you stay focused, and study diligengtly, anyone can do it!

Passed my instrument checkride this morning, exactly 6 weeks and 3 days into the program. If anyone had told me before starting the program that this was possible, I would have told them they were full of sh*t!

Luckily for me, I was assigned a great instructor who flys his students as much as possible for maximum return on investment. Not only am I about a week ahead of everyone else that started with me, but I am about 5 weeks ahead of the overall schedule at this point.

The checkride was not as bad as I had imagined it would be, and I believe that is entirely due to being prepared. I felt prepared and confident going into it, and that seemed to show to the DPE.

Now onto Crew XC prep next week, followed by a much needed long weekend home (mental health break :grinning:) next weekend, and then on to Crew the following week.

Looking forward to the next Chapter, and I wish everyone else going through the program great success!

3 Likes

What’s ur home airport?

I’m at KPIE

Ahh, nice! I’m at KPAE and have my instrument ride on Tuesday. Still like a month ahead of the program outline but it will be almost exactly two months since my PPL, probably could have been done like 2-3 weeks earlier but the lack of DPE slowed me down

1 Like

Michael,

It sounds like you are really doing well. Keep up the good work and thank you for the update.

Chris

1 Like

My checkride was actually supposed to be next week, but they had an opening come up with a different DPE so I decided to take that instead, in case I had to discontinue for some reason, as I know it would have been some time before they could reschedule.