Rejoining

Hello, this is my first time on here. I was a student at atp for about a month and it felt like it wasn’t for me at the time due to personal issues. So I decided to leave and save money before I make a mess out of myself. I regret leaving but I’m working on my private at a different airport. Can I go back after I get my ppl or search for a new school?

Daniel,

I recommend you contact ATP Admin as it will be their decision. I suspect alot will depend on the circumstances and if you left in good terms.

Give them a call.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you for your response Adam. Should I contact them after I get my private? I would also like to think I left on good terms. No arguments or anything.

And right now I’m having a lot of doubts on my capabilities, loss of motivation, stress on being a pilot. I really want to be a pilot. It’s the only thing I had seen myself doing.

Daniel,

Based on what I’m hearing I’m thinking the best move for you is to earn your PPL first. You already tried diving in with both feet and that clearly didn’t work. Perhaps your best bet is to set a goal of earning your PPL, hopefully gain some confidence and along the way do some serious soul searching as to if this is not just something you want to do, but can do. The reality is not everyone can or should be a pilot and at some point you’re going to know for certain. Earning your PPL is a great way to help make that determination.

Adam

1 Like

I’ll take your advice and get my PPL and determine what I want to do with my life whether it’s with flying or not. I really appreciate you answering so quick.

Daniel,
I agree. It sounds like you’re having serious doubts if becoming an airline pilot is what you really want to do. If that’s the case, you’re doing exactly what you should… take a step back, get your private at your own pace and regroup. If you’re still not sure, get your instrument too and then see how you feel. I wouldn’t open the door to coming back to ATP unless you are absolutely certain this career is for you. The program is meant for those wanting to become airline pilots and ready to give whatever it takes to get there quickly and successfully.
-Hannah

1 Like

Daniel,

Just remember that after you obtain your PPL, ATP requires a minimum total time of 78 hours to start as a Credit for Private student.

Tory

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out along the way how I’m going to determine whether it’s for me or not. I know it’s doable for me. I’m fresh out of high school and had the decision of going to Embry riddle or start atp. I backed out of Riddle to find a cheaper college and I eventually just decided to go to ATP. I’ll take your advice and finish up my private and see how instrument goes. And if I do decide to go back to ATP once I’m assured that flying is for me I’ll do all my writtens before going back. Thank you Hannah.

2 Likes

Yes sir, thank you. Fortunately I got quite a bit of hours up when I was at ATP. I’m not too far off for that requirement. Thank you Tory.

1 Like

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with. We’re all here to support you.

Tory

1 Like

Daniel,

If you are having doubts on your capabilities, stress and especially loss of motivation, then I will tell you that ATP is not the place for you. To be successful in ATP’s program you need to be highly motivated. They will work with you to no end to help you succeed, but the motivation to do so has to come from you.

Chris

1 Like

Will do. Thank you Tory.

Flying the plane was the easier part. I just had to perfect my maneuvers, having a smooth flow of words for the procedures to get into the maneuvers, communicating clear, and other small stuff like that. The biggest issue was memorizing the book work and how to study. I’m straight out of Highschool and on my own fault I didn’t learn how my brain functions throughout my four years. That’s where a lot of my stress came in. I will try and find my motivation.

Thank you Chris

It sounds like getting your PPL first is a good idea then. While flying is difficult in its own way, the knowledge, I think, is even harder because there’s so much of it and often very technical. Keep trying different learning techniques until you find what works for you.

Tory

1 Like

I agree Tory. I will do research on different studying techniques and find one that works.

1 Like