Sallie mae loan

Then with that income how about postponing ATP for a year or two, saving up enough then paying cash. That way you earn yourself financial peace of mind during the early stages of your new career.

1 Like

Easier said than done lol I’ll just start my PPL here in KC as just doing that I save about 20k with ATP then I’ll save up for my expenses, and only apply for PPL to ATP instead, as it’s 60K instead of the 105k.
I’m not giving up just postponing it.

I’ve seen on some facebook groups where people were successful getting two $55k loans from Sallie Mae vs getting one $110k loan. Maybe try that route.

1 Like

Sorry to jump in, but if you include housing on your loan, do you have to live in ATP housing or can I get an off-campus housing with it?

Kevin,

If approved for additional living expenses you can do with them as you choose.

Adam

1 Like

I know that I’m a little late to the party here, but I too, am having difficulty getting an approval; however, its my current debt that is holding me back. Sallie Mae did mention that my options are getting the 2 separate loans as well, which in a little apprehensive in trying as 1. If I get the first loan, there is still no guarantee that the 2nd loan would be approved, then I’m stick with only being a month into my training and no way to continue as I would be a full time student, soon to be no longer a student, with no job to pay off the first loan… 2. If I do get approved for both, that would be 2 separate payments that I would have to make. How much do the intructor jobs pay? :joy: Now the real reason I decided to comment… @Ahmed, the other option they told me about when I told them that I was unwilling to get a cosigner, was that there is a type of cosign that you can do where the cosigner is released from responsibility of payment after you make on time payments for a year… So, if you have someone with an equal or better credit score, you may want to try to sell that option to them.

1 Like

ATP’s instructor pay link.

As with all planning, I’m going conservative and counting on $35K and will be pleasantly surprised if I can pull off more. Maybe a recent instructor will be able to confirm for us.

For anybody who is considering using a co-signer, check out this link: https://atpflightschool.com/financing/cosigner-prospectus.html

Chris

Not to start topic reply wrong, but We Are ???

Okay the real deal, I originally had trouble with Sallie Mae and after a good few phone calls with their underwriters and a manager in their department, we sorted a deal out. It wasn’t because my co-signer had “okay” credit score (in fact mine had above the average), it was because they didn’t make enough money. After arguing and throwing a few financial analysis’s out we got the deal sorted. Sallie Mae hit me with that unexpectedly, but after a few phone calls we got that situated. I was generally shocked they declined and they wanted “more money” on the co-signer. If Sallie Mae isn’t helping, try Wells Fargo.

David,

Regarding split loans, Kirk in ATP Admin is the person to speak to on this. The process involves getting approved for both loans prior to starting the program, nobody is allowed to start without having full financing, this is to protect the student from the very issue you mentioned.

Chris

I tried the cosigner route but didn’t get approved anyhow I found a personal relative who gonna sponsor me till my cpl license will see what happens after that.