Sallie May Keeps Increasing the Amount of the Loan

Adam and Chris,

I hope you two gentleman are doing well.

I wanted to reach out to try to find out why Sallie Mae would have two different loan amounts for the cost of tuition.

For example, when I applied the first time without a cosigner the total was $117,000 and when I applied with a cosigner the total loan amount was for $137,000

The ATP website indicates the total cost of training and it certainly isn’t more than $100,000.

I did as instructed by ATP on the loan application to not include any extra money needed because the cost listed on the admission page covers everything.

I know you guys have zero to do with Sallie Mae or financing but I’m just confused.

It’s certainly easier to borrow 90k than it is 138k.

I have been working my tail off trying to get Sallie Mae a cosigner they are happy with but so far it have not been successful.

My credit has always been good and both me and my wife pay our bills on time every-time. We have nothing that is delinquent or ever has been.

While I am thankful that a lender such as Sallie Mae exists, they sure do make it hard to get approved.

No matter what, I am still undeterred, driven , and will not take no for an answer. I will find a way to make this happen. It’s just like anything else in life that’s worth accomplishing as there are ALWAYS barriers and obstacles one has to negotiate in order to make their goal become a reality.

One last question and I hope you all might be able to answer this for me. Let’s say, God forbid, I pass away, doesn’t Sallie Mae write off / discharge the loan?

Again, I completely understand that you two have nothing to do with finances but I was hoping you might could shed some light on this situation for me from your own experiences or possibly from someone you know that had the same hurdles.

Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

James M. Oyler

James,

As you point out, Chris, I (and the rest of the mentors) have nothing to do with financing. I suggest you contact Kirk in finance for any questions on the subject.

Adam

Will do brother.

Thanks