Some Questions I have

(I know this gets asked a lot) Can you start flight school and start your aviation career from scratch at age 30? Is it a good idea to go to college and get a full-time job, then work there for a few years to save money, and then start flight school?

Also, does becoming a pilot have much Job Security? From what ive heard its one of the least secure jobs in the US.

And lastly, can Pilots be afraid of heights? I’ve always been scared of heights, but flying at thousands of feet high in the sky just feels different.

Rushan,

I think this is probably the second or third thread I’ve seen today on this topic. I’m not trying to be rude, but earlier you commented “lol” on another individual’s thread inquiring if 24 was old to start. I have seen students in their 40’s attend ATP and be successful.

I can’t speak on the job security as I am the most junior mentor there is here, so I will leave that to the more senior mentors. But I just want to say, a few years ago we had a pandemic hit the world and thousands found themselves furloughed, looking for a new company or going to their backup plan that they had figured out prior to flying.

The only way to know if you could actually handle the height is doing a few discovery flights. I am sure there are pilots that have overcome their fear of heights.

Brady

Thanks Brady. I’m sorry about asking the age question even after seeing that thread earlier today. I probably forgot about that thread :grimacing: