Specific to my situation

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I have posted on this forum before but now that a couple months have passed…I have this new question. So, I’m a college student studying finance going into my junior year this upcoming fall. Once my junior year is over, can I and/or should I start making progress on flight training? If I don’t do flight training then I will most likely pick up a paid finance related internship to earn money over the summer. Or, should I wait until I am done all 4 years of school and begin training and the whole process after I graduate officially from university? Is there anything I can do related to flight training before graduating completely? After only just completing my sophomore year of school, my goal from this post is to kind of build myself a structured plan for the future, knowing that my end goal is to work for the airlines.

Any help from the ATP experts and the pilot community would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Alex,

I would absolutely focus on your college, trying to finish early if at all possible. After that, you will have time to be able to put all of your energy into flight training. There really is not much that you can do ahead of time, other than maybe working on your written exams. Airlines will ask what your college GPA was, so make sure that is your priority for now.

Chris

Alex,

This is a no-brainer. Successful flight training depends on consistency. There’s a reason the military and the airlines train their pilots daily and you should do the same. That means finishing college and then doing your flight training.

Adam