Spirit Airlines

Hello!
I’m looking for more information on Spirit Airlines, specifically schedules and bases/seniority. @Cforero7 I believe you’re with Spirit if I remember correctly and would love to get any information you have and how your experience has been with them.
Additionally, if anyone has gone through the Spirit Direct track I would love to know how that experience went as well, interview process, when you applied, etc.
Lastly, with the planned merger between JetBlue and Spirit, although it is currently held up in the courts, is it reasonable to assume that if the merger goes through, that the Spirit Direct program will end?
I appreciate any and all answers!
Have a great week!
-Steve

No way of telling but I have friends at both and which color uniform they’re going to end up with is a greater concern to their mgmt than the Direct Program.

Adam

2 Likes

I’ve had multiple instructors who are now flying at Spirit. Focus on doing well in the program and ATP Career Services will help you with getting the required flight time as an instructor. The future (3 years from now) is a mystery but what is guaranteed is you’ll get out what you put in.

David

2 Likes

Hi Stephen,

I actually just finished OE at United.

I was at Spirit for 1 year.
If you live in base, the QOL at Spirit is by far industry leading. I had a line after 2 months and as a lineholder I could drop my whole schedule almost every month. It was amazing for making plans with friends and family.

Vagas and FLL are usually most Jr, for the next year or so with the high turnover it will likely continue to be quick movement to the base you want followed by getting a line. Like 1 year is usually longest I hear.

My friends that are staying at Spirit is for that QOL.
It will be interesting to see what the contract becomes once they merged with JetBlue. JetBlue does have more pilots and is more senior with arguably worst quality of life but better pay (imo). If I stayed with Spirit after the merger, my seniority in Orlando would get considerably worse because that’s one of JetBlue‘s most senior bases.

I don’t have any experience with the direct program. I would assume they would keep some pipeline post merger but it’s anyone’s guess how it would be set up.

Best of luck,
Chris F

1 Like

Thanks Chris! Much appreciated!