Start Date and Headset Advice

Hey guys,

So I just set my start date of April 17th at the Denver location. Pretty excited! I just had a quick question on a headset I am looking at. It is a David Clark Model H10-60 Professional with the straight cord. I found a decent deal on a used one but want to make sure that will work sufficiently to get me through school at least. Thanks for the advice!

Gabe

Gabe,

Dave Clark makes a fine product and are actually industry standard at many Regional airlines. They’ll serve you well through training and even long after that with minimum care. I do have to admit I’m a HUGE fan of the Bose and would encourage you (if/when you have some extra cash) to give them a look. You’ve got some LONG days ahead and the Bose are both quiet and very comfortable. I know money may be an issue so now might not be the time, just saying I feel they’re a great investment for the future.

Adam

Gabe,

I definitely recommend starting out with something used. Many people buy a headset before they even commit to flight training and then after a few flights they want to get rid of it. Go on eBay and try to find a good deal. I bought my first headset (a David Clark as well) for $200 or so on eBay and it was in great condition when I got it. I remember they were $320 new so I was happy with that purchase.

Yarden

Thank you guys for the advice! I will eventually try out a Bose headset but for now, they are a tad bit out of my budget.

What Bose model would you suggest?

-MI

Bose A20, with or without bluetooth is your choice but I’m guessing you wouldn’t ever use it during training or instructing and it’s an additional $100 or so on the headset price…

Hope that points you in the right direction.

James

Nor should you use it (Bluetooth) as a professional in the cockpit.

Adam

1 Like

The Bluetooth feature would be a benefit in general aviation if you used Foreflight and a stratus system for instance, it connects via Bluetooth and can give you voice alerts and warnings for things like terrain.