Stratux & EASA

Hello !

Im starting on May 20 in the Denver location and I have two questions regarding different topics. First question: Has anyone been using stratux during airline training at ATP instead of regular LTE ? Which one do you prefer and why ? Second question: I want to move to Europe after my training. I heard about EASA but I dont know how I should approach this topic. I was thinking about getting into regionals after training for 2 years. While being in regionals, I wanted to study to convert my licenses to European ones. What would you do if you were in my position and wanted to go there ASAP after training ? I have EU citizenship and all that so… please help!

Thank you !
Peter

Peter,

I’ve never heard of the Stratux, but I have heard of the Stratus 1, 2, and 3. A lot of students love the stratus.

For help with FAA to EASA conversation, check out the PPRuNE forum.

Tory

Peter,

Just FYI ATP used to have an FAA to EASA conversion program (or maybe it was the other way around). Regardless, while they no longer do, I’m certain there are people in the office who could explain the process. Once you get settles in I’d reach out to them.

Adam

Peter,

If I wanted to fly professionally in Europe, I would not bother with FAA licenses. I would study in Europe and obtain licenses there.

Chris

Thank you guys for your help. :wink: