The ATP requirements for FO's with a carve out for the R-ATP for big name schools

if someone could just explain what this means id appreciate it

Jonathan,

It means that if a student attends a four year, aviation degree program from an accredited college and does their flight training through that college, they will be eligible to fly for an airline with 1,000 hours instead of 1,500 hours.

We generally recommend against approach as it is very costly and will take considerable time. In other words, it will take much longer to be eligible for the time reduction than it would to simply just fly the extra 500 hours as a CFI.

Chris

1 Like

Jonathan,

As Chris pointed out while the hour reduction is 500 you won’t start building your time till after you graduate from the university. Factor in the expense of most aviation degrees and it’s really not the best route.

Adam

1 Like

For $80,000 and will take 2 years
and When Start Working I will pay my financial Aid Loan.
That’s is my Question Did I Have it Right
and I will log more Hours when I Become
CFI I Don’t have Worry About Money when I’m in School let See if they Get me Approve first with financial Aid for the tuition and Books and Expensive
$80,000 is a lot of Money if the financial Aid and ATP will warranty a job After that
Will be a Good Deal?

Michael,

It is hard to tell exactly what you are asking. The FAA requires pilots to be able to read, write and understand the English language. Based on your writing, I think you would likely need additional work to meet their requirement of being English proficient. Also, your training will be a lot less difficult if there is not a language barrier between you and your instructors. I would strongly encourage you to improve your English language skills before attending flight school.

Chris