United November Schedule

November Reserve

November was another great month on reserve! I hadn’t flown in 6 weeks and was actually really missing it. I saw this trip in open time with a 27 hour layover in an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana so I picked it up. It was lovely… 2 miles of private beach, 4 pools, 10 restaurants on property and a hot tub on the balcony of my room.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace, Punta Cana DR

I was pulled back to reality getting called for a trip on Thanksgiving (not a big surprise) but didn’t quite mind it. The Flight Ops party was a kind gesture, the trip was uneventful even though its touted “the busiest travel days of the year” and we all had a great layover in a resort in Fort Myers.

In total, I commuted to base 4 times, had 13 days off, blocked 43 hours and paid 93 hours of credit. Here’s the break down.

1: OFF
2: OFF
3: FSB 12-4p
4: LSR
5: FSB 12-4p
6: LSR
7: LSR
8: SCR
9: OFF
10: OFF
11: FSB 12-4p
12: DCA-EWR-CLE
13: CLE-FLL-EWR
14: EWR-PUJ
15: PUJ-ORD-DCA
16: LSR
17: OFF
18: OFF
19: OFF
20: OFF
21: OFF
22: IAD-AUS
23: AUS-IAH-RSW
24: RSW-EWR-BOS-EWR
25: EWR-CUN-EWR
26: LSR
27: OFF
28: OFF
29: OFF
30:OFF

*FSB= Field Standby aka airport ready reserve
*LSR= Long call (12 hour)
*SCR= Short call (2 hour)

5 Likes

I thought the new contract had LSR at 18 hours and SCR at 2.5 hours. Is that right? Is that contract not in effect yet? Could you stand LSR from CLT?

It’s not quite that simple and parts of the contract have graduated activation dates attached. Starting in August 2024, the notification times change. 18 hours for LSR, 16 hours for short call assignment and if scheduled between noon and 2pm local base time you can get assigned with 14 hours notice.

I can sit LSR from home in charlotte but short call obviously not.

Hannah

Hannah, what’s your normal commute like? Are you catching a flight out CLT up to IAD, driving? Does it vary with reserve?

Matt,

I always fly but have several backups and often buy a discount ticket, especially during probationary year. I could drive if called in the middle of the night on long call, but it wouldn’t be ideal.

Hannah