Unsure which route to take

Chris,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining the discussion.

A couple of things here. To clear the air to begin with, all of the mentors on this website went to ATP, did well in their program, have successful careers at the airlines, and have given of our time to come back and help those coming up behind us. Now of course we are going to be pro ATP in our answers, because it worked for us and we believe in the program. Now that does not mean that we are salesman. If you hang around this website long enough, you will see that we tell it like it is and genuinely try to help the prospective student out as much and possible, regardless of where they end up attending flight school.

Now, let’s talk about the Air Force Reserve. If you want to serve your country, the Reserve, National Guard, or regular active duty are great, honorable things to do. You need to go into it with the mindset that you want to serve the country, live the military lifestyle, and if you get to fly, that is a bonus. If you go into any branch of the military solely because you want free flight training, you could very well end up being rather miserable in your career and likely not accomplish the objectives that you want to.

I am not terribly familiar with Thrust, they might offer a fine program, but what I can tell you is that I have never met a single airline pilot that went to Thrust.

ATP has been around for decades and has produces more professional and airline pilots that any other flight school. They have several nationally recognized Flight instructors that work for them https://atpflightschool.com/news/2019-10-17-atp-instructors-recognized-by-aopa.html and a robust Alumni Association www.atpalumni.org

I would encourage you to print out this list of questions when talking to Thrust, ATP, or any other flight school: Questions For Any Prospective Flight School take notes and use it to compare each school.

Please spend some time digging around this website, to include the FAQ section and ATP’s website as there are some great resources there about the process of becoming an airline pilot. Also, feel free to ask us any questions that you can think of, we are always here to help.

Chris

1 Like