Update

Just wanted to share that I have secured funding for the start from zero hour program with 100hr multi. I have also obtained my 1st class medical. Next, I am going to go down and visit the Lawrenceville (LZU) location and Peachtree Dekalb (PDK). My start date will be in February for either location once I choose which one I would like to train at. Any recommendations?

-Ray

Congrats Raymond! Bet you’re excited? If not you should be!

As for location I did my CFI training in PDK but I’m not familiar with LZU? I’m sure both are fine. ATP does a great job standardizing aircraft and instruction throughout their network so it comes down to convenience and possibly airspace? I believe both airports are Class D with towers so that’s a wash as well. If it were me I’d visit both and see if you get a better “vibe” off one vs the other. Beyond that I’d look for good places to eat :slight_smile:

Adam

Raymond,

That is fantastic! Thanks for the update, I would love to hear which location you end up choosing. I think any location will be fine, just pick the one that works best for you.

Chris

1 Like

I am very excited! Maybe too excited hahahaha

Raymond,

Just wanted to chime in and say that Adam is always thinking of some important things! Especially a good place to get grub! haha

If you end up at Lawrenceville (LZU), there a youtuber that documented his journey through ATP at that location. He should be instructing by now (if he finished his CFI, CFII, and MEI and standardization since that’s what he was working on about a month ago). I suggest you go check out his channel, Prop&Gear, to see how his experience was at that location! Hope this helps!

Yuran

Haha I am always down for some good food! Yes, Ryan Huber, his video series was excellent! I followed his journey on youtube. I did reach out to him and talked with him about his experience there.

Raymond,

Yeah, that’s him! He’s a good guy and tries his best to not be biased! Hope you get closer to making that decision!

Yuran

1 Like

I am visiting LZU and PDK next Wednesday. I will get to fly at the LZU location. I will let you know how the visits went and what location I choose. :smiley:

Cool! Let us know.

Adam

1 Like

Raymond,

That is great. I will be curious to know which location you choose, please let us know. Enjoy the intro flight!

Chris

1 Like