Volunteer opportunities in aviation

Hi, I’m curious if any of you participate in volunteer opportunities in the aviation community either now or in the past (in addition to your time spent on airline pilot.life, of course :slightly_smiling_face:)? I came across a blog post for Pilots N Paws which seems like a great nonprofit organization and allows a private pilot to help rescue animals find a home…thanks

Ravi,

I have volunteered for the Capital Airshow in Sacramento twice, a couple smaller STEM events for kids. I volunteer on our Union’s Hotel Committee. I have also volunteered for our company Safety Forum and LOSA.

I’ve heard of those animal rescue gigs. It sounds like a great way to serve the community through aviation.

Tory

Ravi,

Well, we do spend our time on a certain website helping to answer future pilot’s questions :wink:

Chris

1 Like

Ravi,

There are tons of volunteer opportunities in the aviation community, like Chris and Tory both mentioned; you have some airshows and forums that you can contribute to answer questions. Pilots N Paws is a great organization, I am a donator to Wings of Rescue, I love their mission and animals. You also have Angel Flights. A simple Google Search and the opportunities are endless.

Brady